There are so many reasons why joining 4-H is a fantastic idea that we couldn’t possibly list them all. Below is only a short list of the Top 10 Reasons to Join 4-H. If you are not already a member of Houston County 4-H, visit our Join Now! page to find out how to become one today. If you’re already a member of 4-H, then you know all the great reasons why kids and teens should join. Start sharing all those reasons with friends and encourage them to become a 4-H member too!
1. There’s always something to do. From learning how to survive outdoors to just spending time with friends, 4-H never has a dull moment.
2. Learning is fun with us. Whether you’re learning about marine life at Jekyll Island Camp or learning how to make insect candy at Day Camp, we make being smarter so much fun.
3. Making new friends is fun and easy. With kid and teen members from all over the U.S. and Georgia, there are so many different personalities of boys and girls for you to meet.
4. Camp is totally awesome. With separate camps for Cloverleafs, Junior, and Senior members, you can spend a week at camp during the summer withfriends and activities you will never forget.
5. Create a portfolio of your interest. We will help you to build a portfolio of your interest that will create a lasting project for you and others to remember.
6. Become a District Officer. You can have the chance to become a leader for your age group of 4-H’ers of Houston County.
7. Be active. There’s always an opportunity to participate in active hobbies, from swimming at Camp to learning to use a compass for Forrestry Teams, 4-H is always on the move!
8. Learn about animals and nature. Whether you’re showing livestock at the Georgia National Fair or learning about marine life at Camp, you’ll discover a love for the environment.
9. Explore your interests. With so many activities at 4-H, joining 4-H is the perfect way to connect with your own interests.
10. You’ll never forget 4-H! The memories you create at 4-H will last a lifetime. You will never forget the experience.